December 05, 2008

Bible Study

This Bible study was with Beth Moore and she knows just how to bring the times of the Bibe into our lives. We studied the book of Daniel and she explained that EVERYTHING can be affected by prayer. Throughout the book she would stop just to explain how in Daniels situation remains the same for us today and like Daniel, we want to practice a holy habit long enough that it becomes the old pattern.-Philippians 4:6-7. In other words, don't fall back on old habits,and pray to stay with the holy habits.
In our world today there is so much to have clothes, new homes, new cars cell phones-I'm sure you get the idea-and we spend all of our time trying to pay for these things that we don't have time to enjoy them. Work, work, work, no time for God, family or anything that are gifts from God (we wonder why our children can't read). Through prayer we can learn to put our priorities in order. Because of Daniels devotion to God we can also be saved from the lions of today. God will restore your health and will heal your wounds. All we have to do is ask.......
I can't wait for January!

3 comments:

Mari said...

I heard that study was wonderful. Glad you are enjoying it!

Anonymous said...

Love Beth's studies, is this from your church? Our sermon was on getting wrapped up and consumed in things! Awesome messages today. . .Thank you my friend:)

Unknown said...

Sounds like your Bible study was very good. I am guilty of not studying my Bible enough but I want to do better. I hope your doing great.
Lisa