November 05, 2008

November 5, 2008

Today is the first day with our new President. I thought I was prepared for today but I'm pretty numb. I'm not watching tv and only listening to music just like I do everyday. I'm going to do all the daily things I do. I had a Dr. appt this morning so I have to start a little later in the day. I'm going to stretch(again), laundry, bathrooms and start supper. I have lessons for Bible study tonight that I'll catch up on. But first I'm going to call Andrea and see what she's up to. She doesn't like her roommate and her roommate doesn't like Andrea.. I've tried to explain that this is her first opportunity of life that she must deal with now. Mr. Webster says-opportunity is: a combination of circumstances favorable for the purpose. 2. a good chance, as to advance oneself. Kae's definiton: she may not be used to living with someone else either. It's only fair that she knows just what is bothering you otherwise how will she know to make a well-informed decision. Andrea has a lot of growing up to do. There are so many lessons to be learned in life that we are never too old to learn to be tolerant...I guess I just answered my own question..Tolerance...is a blessing whether we like it or not. Have a wonderful Nov. 5, 2008

10 comments:

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

Hello, Kae,

Thanks for stopping by! I've just started blogging, so everything is still new to me, but I'm having a lot of fun with it. It's nice to meet other likeminded ladies...it helps to know you're not out there alone! It's nice to meet you, and I will be stopping by your blog also. Feel free to stop in at mine anytime. God bless,

Karen

PS: You will probably see where I deleted my first comment...I had left out words, and had some typos, so thought I'd try again!
:-)

Mari said...

It's hard as a Mom to see you kid going through difficulties whether they may teach her a lesson or not, especially when you can't jump in and help her out!

Unknown said...

Sometimes lessons are learned the best when we don't interfere but that is hard for Moms to do. I still step in at times for my 40 yr olds. I think you gave her good advice.

Maggie Ann said...

We are never to old to learn...period,grin. Nice visiting your blog...I've enjoyed it.

Sandra said...

It's so hard as a parent isn't it? You want to step in and protect them, fix the problem but you also have to let them learn by mistakes. It's hard.

Karen said...

Hello again, Kae,

Nice to meet another "Karen"--even though you are called "Kae." Growing up, my best friend's name was Kae! :-)

Karen

Unknown said...

Your sound like a Mom with lots of wisdom. We feel all the pains our children do and as long as were living they will be our babies and we will worry :) Praying for Andrea
((((((Kae))))))

Tonya said...

Kae,

Thanks SO MUCH for the sweet comment you left over at my blog. It's SO NICE to "meet" you! =-)

I'm STILL numb about the whole president thing too.. I'm in SHOCK at the moral DECLINE in our nation. How could we, a CHRISTIAN nation, vote in someone so liberal? How could someone claiming to be a Christian cast their vote for him? (There were SOOOOO MANY "churches" and "preachers" pushing for this man - UNBELIEVABLE) The ONLY good thing I see in the whole election was that at least it seems that our country is moving past prejudice. I'll hush, I could stand on THAT soap box all day!
O:-)

Oh, in looking over your blog, I saw the pictures of your daughters.. they're BEAUTIFUL! (I hope the roommate thing works out for Andrea)

Have a GREAT weekend!

sharon brobst said...

Hi Kae!
Thank you so much for your comment. It is good to know that others do understand our feelings and emotions. God keeps reminding me that if I have thought it or felt it so have other women!

So I just keep reminding myself of that and every now and then God lets me know that none of us are alone in the emotions or struggles we face...we are all there one time of another!